This months blog post from CityWide Roofing is going to be about helping Rochester homeowners and businesses get ready for the seasonal changes we’re about to experience. We’ve just entered fall and will soon proceed to winter, having your home ready to battle the elements is essential to comfort and low heating bills in the ever humid and chilled winter arena that upstate New York provides.
Whether you are looking at the roof on your home, office, shed or garage, all of these are impacted by poor weather conditions. CityWide Roofing in Rochester, New York can help with whatever your needs are, whether you need shingles or siding to ensure a draft free winter, our professional Rochester roofing contractors are here to help.
Travelers endorses these actions to assure the roof over your head is in good condition and to prevent futher potential damage:
- Trim trees and remove dead branches so they won’t damage your home if they fall because of wind, ice, or snow.
- Clear gutters and downspouts of debris. As the leaves fall, make sure they aren’t building up in the gutters.
- Check for any roof damage. Pay attention to surface bubbles and areas with missing gravel on flat roofs, or missing or damaged shingles or tiles on sloped roofs.
- Add extra insulation in the attic to guard against ice dams. When too much heat escapes, it can melt the ice and snow on the roof. When it refreezes, it can cause an ice dam, causing water to back up into your home.
- Check the flashing on the roof to make sure it’s in good condition to help prevent water penetration.
- If your roof needs replacing, consider impact-resistant roofing materials, especially if you live in a hail-prone area.
Our roofing contractors will be sure to quickly and efficiently assess your wants and needs to provide the best service possible. For starters we will need to be able to estimate the amount of materials and quantity of man hours required to properly complete the roofing repair or replacement order. Safety, minimal downtime, and efficiency are all important factors that we take into account when estimating your roofing needs
Once we’re able to arrive at a professional assessment of the job, we’ll be sure to provide you a reasonable roofing quote. It’ll be our goal to provide the best service at the best price for any of our Rochester home and business owners.
Submit your review